AFOQT Study Materials
I took the AFOQT a long time ago so I can’t personally vouch for any of these. I did use a Barron’s book though for the S-version, along with almost every other book available at the base library. Here are some inputs from the Facebook group that I thought I would consolidate and do a post with to make the information more readily available. Don’t forget to check your base or maybe even local library for free resources you can borrow.
Here is a link to my other AFOQT posts (including this one)
Official AFOQT Page. Use this to make sure you are studying for the right version of test.
Books (Facebook comments about the books are below the link)
Barron’s Military Flight Aptitude Tests
- “Barron’s is great except the table reading is nothing like the actual test. Find the real table reading example from the air force site and skip Barron’s table reading.”
AFOQT Study Guide: Test Prep and Practice Test Questions for the AFOQT Exam
- “That’s the one I used. It really helped my verbal score, but I don’t think the math problems were as diverse. But then again, I just suck at math. Haha”
- “Yes, the verbal part was key. I ended up getting a 96 in that section — I definitely attribute that to the study guide.”
- “Lowest score was an 84, highest 96. I ran through all the practice questions a few times and brushed up on algebra.”
- “Have Barron’s as well, it’s very thorough. And it clearly explains both practice tests.”
- Official GRE Books
- Master the Officer Candidate Test, Peterson’s, 9th Edition: https://www.amazon.com/Master-Officer-Candidate-Tests-Petersons/dp/0768937809/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489934960&sr=8-1&keywords=peterson%27s+master+the+officer+candidate
AFOQT Study Guide: Test Prep & Practice Test Questions for the Air Force Officer