Here is my general timeline of events:
- 21 Jan 15 – I think I submitted my application on 21 Jan 15, the deadline was 23 Jan 15.
- Estimated release pushed to 13 Mar 15, 10 Apr 15, 24 Apr 15, then 1 May 15.
- My commander informed me I was an AD select for 13S on 29 Apr 15. I think civilians found out later than night.
- Official AF press release was on 1 May.
I actually downloaded the AD Select Instructions long before the release date because SharePoint was down so much (especially around release dates). As a 13S my task list was as follows:
- Email base choices. I had my bases picked long before. I used THRMIS to get a feel for manning and picked based on location. 13S only has ten choices so it was fairly easy.
- Fitness Program. No action required, just be ready to pass the PT test.
- AAC 05 Update – Again no action required. My AAC 05 expiration was automatically updated to one year from my selection date.
- Retainability – I was in until 2018 so N/A for me.
- GTC Mission Critical – Very easy, no action until closer to PCS.
- Official Transcript – I will order my transcript and have them sent to BOT when we get closer.
Physical Update. In addition to the AF Form 422 I did to apply, I now needed a DD Form 2807 and DD Form 2808. The 2808 required:
- Talk to “Medical Standards” within Flight Med. They oversaw the process.
- Medical Standards did a depth perception and color test.
- Medical Standards told me to see my PCM for a commissioning physical. They filled in my 2808.
- Medical Standards also told me to do an Optometry appointment. Optometry re-did my depth perception and color vision test.
- Top Secret (SSBI) – Already done from my current AFSC.
BOT Class Date Timeline
- Emailed Rose my base choices on 4 May 15.
- Emailed Rose my medical paperwork on 27 May 15.
- Received an email from Rose unofficially telling me my class date will by 16-02 (Starts 6 Oct 15) on 29 May 15.
- Received official class letter on 9 Jun 15! Others have received their assignment within ten days.